StartupGrind Ife – May 2018
Startup Grind Ife has announced the launch of Startup 180 event coming up on Saturday, May 26, 2018 at the Ajose Lecture Theatre at the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife.
The event is set to host around 400 Student Entrepreneurs in an around Ife, Osogbo and Ilesha environ. The event titled “Funding your Grind” is expected to teach student Entrepreneurs starting their businesses for the first time and looking for seed capital.
According to the Psalmuel Adekunle the Chapter Director of StartupGrind Ife, he believes “many students on campus have great ideas that can convert to success but lack of access to capital is really affecting this community into becoming an ecosystem.” He claims StartupGrind events are done with the community in mind, it’s built to create a support system for student entrepreneurs on campus.
Speaker Lineup for the event are Simi Adejumo – Country Manager of Accounteer, Olatunji Opaleye – Founder, HostCabal, Kayode Oyedokun – Head of Investment, Ventures Platform; Nifemi Oluboyede – Co-founder, Startup Pack; Sean Burrowes – COO, Ingressive. This amazing set of investors and successful entrepreneurs will be sharing their stories of how they went ahead to raise their first capital investment and share opportunities for everyone to benefit from.
Their will also be a Mock-Pitch session and a Startup Clinic class for individual meet and greet with a business analyst. The event is free and you can register here bit.ly/SG180i
- To put Ife on the innovation map of Nigeria.
- We have to many talents that later go out and forget where they all grinded and learnt.
- Instead of folks going out to get better, why don’t we train people to see problems affecting the nation or continent and solve it on the Ife soil, make Ife truly the origin.
- We are tired of people learning the same skill and block mates running the same biz that can’t scale pass the floor they are in.
- We want businesses that would address and solve fundamental issues in the society. It should not just be makeup, backing etc, this can be modified to solve a bakers problem in China or Runway models problem in Paris all built from the dormitory.
- We have the talent base, if trained appropriately (that’s another project we are working on), they can match Silicon Valley engineers.